Teen Portrait Shoot - On Location, Preparation Is The Key!





What I liked about this shoot was the planning and preparation on behalf of the client and I (mostly the client). I like being prepared but its not always possible with the craziness that is my life!

We booked a date months in advance to take advantage of all of our busy schedules giving us time to prepare our vision for the final images. This included finding the perfect location and preparing a wardrobe and hairstyle ideas.

When my usual location ideas did not match the clients expectations, I went on a quest to find the ideal place to shoot. 

Luckily for me, I mentioned it to a few people and one of them came up with these glorious gardens. Stone pathways and steps, beautiful colour and best of all privacy.

Now all we had to do was relax and take some great shots!








TECH TALK...
It was late afternoon so the sun made a lovely backlight as well as casting glorious colour. 

As we were using the sun as backlight, we had to fill the foreground. This is where my trusty assistant comes in. He is taller than a light stand so he is able to angle the light just where I need it. Usually emulating the sunshine, high above me and angled down onto the subject.

I used my Canon Speedlite for this shoot with an Interfit Softbox and Pocket Wizard radio transmitters. I also used my Westcott reflector for a more subtle look when needed.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Do keep in touch with future posts by liking my FACEBOOK page! Click here.

Comments

Don't Miss A Thing...

* indicates required

Previous Posts

Beautiful Teen Girl Portrait- Funny Faces-Too Much Fun!

Pet Photography - Product Photography

Top 5 Photo Tips for Lifestyle Bloggers

Cambodian kids bring tears of joy! - Our visit to a remote school in Thailand

Keywords The Key To Top Rated Google Searches - Top Lawyer LinkedIn Profile Photo Session

High School Formal Dance Photography - Killara High School

Vivid Chatswood 2015

The Love Story Part 1 - A Chance Meeting.

Walking Sydney - Chowder Bay to Middle Head

The Worst Bushfires In A Decade - Sydney Bushfire Smoke Over Chatswood